Living the Word Catholic Women's Bible
Do you long to connect with a variety of women just like you who live the Word of God in the world each day?
That connection is what makes the Living the Word Catholic Women’s Bible different from other Bibles for women: it includes almost four-hundred pages of special features created for women by women—more than forty scholars, teachers, religious, authors, ministers, and speakers—such as Leah Darrow, Sarah Christmyer, Johnnette Benkovic Williams, Meg Hunter-Kilmer, and Sr. Maria Kim-Ngân Bùi, FSP—who come from a variety of backgrounds and reflect the diversity of the Catholic faith. You can walk through scripture in community with other women who seek to become closer to God by reading his Word and living it in their daily lives.
The stunning beauty of the Living the Word Catholic Women’s Bible also makes it stand out among its peers. The extraordinary and elegant design enhances your reading experience by connecting various features throughout the text including fifty profiles of women in the Bible, ninety-seven Living in the Light of Faith essays, Take it to Heart questions for reflection and journaling, and quotations from saints and holy women. The tranquil colors and other design elements help you feel at home in the Bible.
Other features include:
- the trusted and easy-to-read Revised Standard Version, Second Catholic Edition translation
- exclusive comprehensive cross-references to the Catechism of the Catholic Church that help you to better understand how the Bible connects with what Catholics believe
- large, single-column text with plenty of room in the lightly lined, generous margins for journaling, drawing, and notetaking
- high-quality paper
- two ribbon markers
- an introduction to each book of the Bible that includes an overview, outline, historical context, and key themes
- inspiring and beautifully designed quotations from saints and other holy women, including Josephine Bakhita, Dorothy Day, Catherine of Siena, Hildegard of Bingen, Joan of Arc, Thea Bowman, and Thérèse of Lisieux
- questions for reflection
- prompts to help expand your reading on a theme in scripture
- reading plans
- a feature index noting all the topical essays and introductions in the Bible, organized by category
- a Women of the Word index highlighting every woman mentioned in the bible, the Women of the Word profiles, and the quotes from saints and other holy women
The contributions received an imprimatur from Bishop Kevin C. Rhoades of the Diocese of Fort Wayne-South Bend and were reviewed by Catholic scholars including Christmyer, Catherine Cavadini, Mary Healy, Pia de Solenni, and Jennie Grillo.
Contributors include: Christmyer, Darrow, Benkovic Williams, Hunter-Kilmer, Bùi, Healy, Cavadini, Grillo, Teresa Tomeo, Sonja Corbitt, Lisa M. Hendey, Danielle Bean, Lisa Cotter, Kelly Anderson, Christine Kelly Baglow, Lavinia Spirito, Shannon Wimp Schmidt, Allison Gingras, Kathleen Beckman, Emily Jaminet, Maria Morera Johnson, Patty Breen, Sr. Sara Butler, MSBT, Rose Sweet, Elizabeth Tomlin, Ashley Crane, Martha Fernandez-Sardina, Tamra Hull Fromm, Pat Gohn, Denise Gustafson, Alessandra Harris, Barbara Heil, Kirby Hoberg, Debora Holiday, Samantha Kelley, Laurie Manhardt, Heidi Hess Saxton, Gayle Somers, Cathryn Torgerson-Wade, Colleen Reiss Vermeulen, Susan Wallace, and Sandy Wanzeck.
ISBN: 1646801253 EAN: 9781646801251
Publisher: Ave Maria Press
Trim Size: 6.188 x 9.188 inches
Copyright Date: 2022 Pub Date: December 16, 2022